COMPETITION: Announcing the Spring Photo Jam!
Did you take some incredible photos this Spring? With Summer just around the corner, we want to see your very best pictures. To give you a little inspiration, we’ve come up with 4 categories - we’ll crown a champion of each category, and two overall winners!
We're looking for the best wildlife and nature photographers of all ages. You don't need to be a professional - just show us your very best pictures. The competition will run for 2 weeks, so get snapping and sharing! We'll announce a winner of each theme, with two overall winners chosen by public vote each receiving a voucher from Go Ape. Find out all about the themes below!
THEME 1: BUGS, BIRDS & BEASTIES
Creepy crawlies, feathered friends, awesome animals of all shapes and sizes - the woods are full of life in Spring, and we want to see your pictures of crazy critters in the wild. From frogspawn to fawns, from bats to butterflies, what creatures have you found hiding in Scotland’s forests?
THEME 2: WATER, WATER EVERYWHERE!
Water is life - it grows our crops, satisfies our thirst, and provides us with some of the most stunning scenery on the planet, from shimmering waterfalls, to the great lochs and rivers, to the dramatic, shifting landscapes of the coast. Capture the essence of water with your best photos of burns, brooks and beaches!
THEME 3: NATURE PATTERNS - LEAVES, BARK AND MOSS
Nature is full of strange and beautiful patterns, from the veins you can see in leaves when you hold them up to the light, to the patchwork patterns of moss and bark on ancient trees. We want to see the craziest, most colourful, most incredible patterns you can find in your local woods...
THEME 4: MY FAVOURITE SPOT
Everyone has a favourite spot to go for a walk, or to take some time to reflect and relax, away from the hustle and bustle. Whether it’s the local woods where you walk the dog, a nearby beauty spot with an incredible view, or just a quiet place you love, we want to see your favourite forest and woodland hideaways.
Competition terms and conditions:
- Valid entries are those photos taken at Forestry Commission Scotland sites and submitted to the Forestry Commission Scotland Facebook page, or on Twitter, including the hashtag #SpringPhotoJam - posted after 29 May 2018 and before 13 June.
- A maximum of three entries per household will be accepted. If more than three photos are entered, only the first three will be considered as entries. Entries made through agents, third parties, organised groups or any entry duplication method will not be accepted.
- Two overall winners will receive a Go Ape voucher. Two runners up will receive...
- There is no cash alternative to the prizes stated, and the prizes are not transferable. The prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions. If winners are unable to take the prize for whatever reason a redraw will take place.
- The closing time and date for the competition is midnight 12 June 2018.
- By posting any images as entries to the competition, you are agreeing that the photo can be used by Forestry Commission Scotland on social media, with full credit given to the individual who submits the image. We reserve the right to edit photos for size and shape, and to use them, with credit, in video and other media during the course of the competition.
- During the competition, a selection of the entries will be shared across our social media channels. Forestry Commission Scotland will then pick their four favourite images on 13 June. The public will pick the winning photo via a Facebook and Twitter poll. The winning 2 photos will be the two that receive the most likes. There will be two runners up.
- Forestry Commission Scotland’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered in to.
- The competition is open to UK residents, except employees of any party connected with the promotion.
- Entry implies acceptance into these terms and conditions. The entry instructions form part of the terms and conditions. By entering, you accept to and be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Forestry Commission Scotland reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should circumstances outside its control make this necessary.
- Forestry Commission Scotland reserves the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties but will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid consumer disappointment.