Process for route to lease under option A
- Market woodland creation by short-term leasing, inviting applications
- Sift and score proposals received against establishment criteria
- Agree heads of terms for option/lease
- Calculate rental payments as applicable
- Enter option period of up to two years
- Work up and gain approval for forest design plan
- Enter lease period
- Establish woodland
- Conclude lease and hand back woodland to landholder.
Forest plan delivery for Option A
Forest Plans and associated consultation processes will be delivered by either:
- Suitably qualified contractors appointed through an open tender competition and the creation of a framework contract, or
- by regional Forestry and Land Scotland staff depending on geographic location and workloads.
Required changes to specifications, e.g. tree species, will be agreed between Forestry and Land Scotland, the land holder and the contractor (if appointed) as part of ongoing contract management.
Establishment delivery for Option A
Lease areas will be established and maintained by contractors/management companies, appointed through an open tender competition and the creation of a framework contract. However, we may use Forestry and Land Scotland staff to establish some lease sites, depending on geographic location and workloads.
The framework contract sets the generic standards expected of the establishment contractors. Site specific specifications will be dealt with on a site by site basis.
Required changes to specifications or operations will be agreed between Forestry and Land Scotland and the contractor as part of ongoing contract management.