Process for route to lease under option B
- Market woodland creation by short-term leasing, inviting applications
- Sift and score proposals received against establishment criteria
- Agree heads of terms for option/lease
- Calculate rental payments as applicable
- Enter option period of up to two years
- Work up and gain approval for forest design plan
- Enter lease period
- Establish woodland
- Conclude lease and hand back woodland to landholder.
Forest plan & establishment delivery for Option B
The lease areas will be planned, established and maintained by the agent/management company who submits the application, subject to the proposal meeting required criteria and budget conditions.
A contract will be entered into, that sets the generic standards expected of the planning/establishment contractors. Site specific specifications will be dealt with on a site by site basis.
Required changes to specifications or operations will be agreed between Forestry and Land Scotland and the contractor as part of ongoing contract management.