COVID-19 Visitor Information for 2020
Last updated: 30 September 2020 - 3:13pm
Welcoming you back safely
COVID-19 has changed lots of things we do, and as we now welcome more of you back we need your help to do it safely. The majority of our facilities including visitor centres, car parks and mountain bike trails have now opened in Phase 3 during the summer holidays.
We must remember that the COVID-19 pandemic is not over yet. Please enjoy your visit safely by continuing to follow Scottish Government and NHS guidance, helping to protect yourself, your family and your local community.
Be kind and considerate. Please check before you travel.
Plan a great day out
Please ensure you plan ahead. Checking what’s open before you travel and follow the Scottish Outdoor Access Code, especially taking your litter home with you. Be considerate with our staff who are developing new ways of welcoming visitors to our sites that will keep everyone safe so that you can continue to enjoy great days out.
- Our walking trails remained open throughout lockdown and are still open for you all to enjoy.
- Almost all our car parks have reopened, with normal charges applied from 20 July 2020.
- If you arrive at a car park and it looks busy, please have an alternative plan and go somewhere you can ensure physical distancing guidance.
For full car parking information please see our Car Parking Visitor Information page.
For specific information on mountain biking trails, toilets, cafes, visitor centres, camping and more please check our FAQs.
Be prepared to adapt your plans. If you get to a site that is already busy when you arrive, please find somewhere else to enjoy. As a guide if it looks busy, then it probably is too busy.
Remember that the purpose of the guidance is to prevent the transmission of the virus. Stay safe, protect others, save lives.
Our website will be updated regularly, so please check back for the latest updates.
The following 'frequently asked questions' documents have been created for companies who hold commercial leases or provide goods, services or works to Forestry and Land Scotland:
- Procurement, Contracts and Finance FAQs (122KB PDF) - updated 19 June
- Tenants, Agreements and Permissions Holders’ FAQ (PDF 289KB) - updated 25 August
- Scavenging licenses and firewood permits FAQs (Word 15KB) - updated 15 June
Information for staff working from home can be accessed on our Advice for FLS employees page.