Last updated: 11 October 2021
Plan a great day out
We look forward to welcoming you to Scotland’s national forests and land. To make the most of your visit, please:
- Plan ahead: Most of our forests and facilities are open, but use our website to check before your travel.
- Have a plan B: Our forests are very busy right now. If it looks too busy, have a back-up plan to visit elsewhere.
- Park responsibly, taking care not to block gates or roads, or park on verges.
- Bin your litter or take it home with you.
- Don’t light campfires or use disposable barbeques. If cooking outside, please use a camping stove.
- Follow the Scottish Government’s 'Staying safe' advice – helping to protect yourself, your family and your local community.
- Follow the Scottish Outdoor Access Code to help keep Scotland beautiful.
- Be considerate and respect our staff, our forests, and each other.
Please see our dashboard to find out how our activities are impacted by Scottish Government COVID-19 regulations from Levels 0 – 4.
Please read our ‘frequently asked questions’ document if you hold a scavenging license or firewood permit for our land: