COVID-19 Visitor Information
Last updated: 6 November 2020 - 1:21pm
Stick with the FACTS
COVID-19 has changed lots of things we do. We want to ensure your visit is an enjoyable and safe one. Make sure you follow the Scottish Government’s FACTS advice helping to protect yourself, your family and your local community.
Plan a great day out
Almost all of our destinations, trails and facilities are open, but please do plan ahead:
- Use our Find a forest search tool to check what's open at the forest you plan to visit. Any facility closures will be listed in the green notice box.
- Ensure you are following Scottish Government advice on travel restrictions. If you arrive at a car park and it looks busy, please have an alternative plan and go somewhere you can ensure the Scottish Government’s advice on physical distancing.
- Charges apply as normal at car parks with paid parking.
- Follow the Scottish Outdoor Access Code and keep Scotland beautiful for everyone to enjoy.
- Be kind and considerate with other visitors and with our staff who are developing new ways of welcoming visitors to our sites that will keep everyone safe so that you can continue to enjoy great days out.
Remember that the purpose of the guidance is to prevent the transmission of the virus. Stay safe, protect others, save lives.
The following 'frequently asked questions' documents have been created for companies who hold commercial leases or provide goods, services or works to Forestry and Land Scotland:
- Procurement, Contracts and Finance FAQs (122KB PDF) - updated 19 June
- Scavenging licenses and firewood permits FAQs (PDF 413KB) - updated 5 November
Information for staff working from home can be accessed on our Advice for FLS employees page.