Last updated: 7 January 2021 - 4:00pm
Welcoming you safely
- With temporary Scottish Government Covid-19 lockdown restrictions currently in place we have closed our visitor centres for now.
- We will continue to welcome local visitors with our walking and mountain biking trails, as well as our toilets and car parks, remaining open.
- Plan ahead and be kind and considerate.
Plan a great day out
- Use our Find a forest search tool to check what's local to you. Any local facility closures will be listed in the green notice box.
- Follow the Scottish Outdoor Access Code and keep Scotland beautiful for everyone to enjoy.
- Be considerate with our staff who are working to keep everyone safe so that you can continue to enjoy great days out.
- Remember that the purpose of the guidance is to prevent the transmission of the virus. Stay safe, protect others, save lives and follow FACTS.
Our website will be updated regularly, so please check back for the latest updates.
Activities in 2021
A dashboard is available showing information on how all FLS activities are impacted by Scottish Government COVID-19 regulations from Tiers 1 – 4.
The following 'frequently asked questions' document has been created for people who hold scavenging licences or firewood permits for Forestry and Land Scotland land:
- Scavenging licences and firewood permits FAQs (PDF 476KB) - updated 5 November
Information for staff working from home can be accessed on our Advice for FLS employees page.