Coronavirus: updated advice for FLS employees
Last updated: 29 May 2020 - 12:07pm
Latest information for staff
Due to the ongoing developments with COVID-19, this page will be updated with any relevant information on a daily basis so please ensure to check this regularly.
FLS’s main priority is for your health and wellbeing. This is a difficult time for everyone, and we should all be looking after ourselves and each other.
For the latest health information, please see the NHS inform website which is updated on a daily basis and now includes an updated symptom list.
It is vital that in this emergency situation we all have access to the important information we need to keep ourselves informed and safe, and to be able – where possible - to continue to support our colleagues and the organisation through home working. As an additional failsafe, we have replicated here the information and guidance that is available on Saltire, some of which, as a matter of necessity, includes important contact details.
Frequently asked questions
We understand that you'll have a lot of questions and we have captured some of these in the below document which will be continually revised and updated:
Frequently Asked Questions - updated 19 May
- Home and Alternative Working Arrangements Guidance - updated 29 May
Please see below for more detailed guidance in relation to homeworking and COVID-19 from various teams. This will be continuously reviewed and will change to reflect recent developments so please check regularly. Updated versions will be communicated to staff when appropriate.
- HR guidance - updated 19 May
- Recruitment - advice for managers - updated 1 April
- Salary payments - updated 19 May
- Support for you - updated 26 March
- Advice regarding school closures - updated 19 May
- Leadership through Coronavirus - tips for managers - updated 20 March
Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- Covid-19 Testing Guidance - updated 20 May
- Safety Alert: Fire risk of alcohol gels - updated 12 May
- Quick guide on when and how to self isolate - updated 20 May
- Conversations on wellbeing: guidance for managers - updated 24 April
- Guidance on vehicle breakdown and recovery - updated 20 May
- Advice for first aiders - updated 20 May
- Managing lone working during COVID-19 - updated 24 April
- Managing and risk assessing forestry operations during COVID-19 - updated 24 April
- Quick guide for managers: closing an operational site (view the full guide) - updated 24 April
- Guidance on closing recreational facilities - updated 24 April
- Bereavement Support - updated 23 April
- Wellbeing resources - updated 19 May
- Advice for managers - understanding anxiety in your teams, your colleagues and in yourself - updated 6 April
- Guidance on antisocial behaviour - updated 2 April
Learning and Development
- Information on commercial tennants, agreement holders and construction sites - updated 21 May
- Construction sites guidance - updated 21 May
Finance and Procurement
- Guidance on stopping/amending contracts stage 1 - updated 3 April
- Guidance on stopping/amending contracts stage 2 - updated 3 April
- Signatures on new contracts and extensions - updated 30 March
Fleet and Buildings
Find out more
Please see the NHS inform website for the latest health information which is updated on a daily basis.
See the latest press releases from FLS, including news on COVID-19.
Yammer Group: A Place for Positivity (accessible only to staff)