Coronavirus: updated advice for FLS employees
Last updated: 31 March 2020 - 5:02pm
Latest information for staff
Due to the ongoing developments with COVID-19, this page will be updated with any relevant information on a daily basis so please ensure to check this regularly.
FLS’s main priority is for your health and wellbeing. This is a difficult time for everyone, and we should all be looking after ourselves and each other.
For the latest health information, please see the NHS inform website which is updated on a daily basis.
It is vital that in this emergency situation we all have access to the important information we need to keep ourselves informed and safe, and to be able – where possible – to continue to support our colleagues and the organisation through home working. As an additional failsafe, we have replicated here the information and guidance that is available on Saltire, some of which, as a matter of necessity, includes important contact details.
Frequently asked questions
Please see below for more detailed guidance in relation to homeworking and COVID-19 from various teams. This will be continuously reviewed and will change to reflect recent developments so please check regularly. Updated versions will be communicated to staff when appropriate.
- NEW: People Team – Impact of COVID-19 on service provision
- Salary payments
- Support for you
- HR guidance
- NEW: Recruitment - advice for managers
- Advice regarding school closures
- Leadership through Coronavirus - tips for managers
Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- NEW: Managing lone working during COVID-19
- Managing and risk assessing forestry operations during COVID-19
- Quick guide for managers: closing an operational site (view the full guide)
- Guidance on closing recreational facilities
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing home working guidance
Learning and Development
- NEW: Use of Zoom video conferencing
- NEW: Update on software and hardware requests
- Security guide while home working
- UPDATED: Digital Services home working guidance
- Taking equipment home for home working
- Sharing our network - points to note
Fleet and Buildings
Finance and Procurement
- NEW: Signatures on new contracts and extensions
- Guidance on stopping contracts
- Finance Year end update
- Finance update
- Procurement update
Fleet and Buildings
Find out more
Please see the NHS inform website for the latest health information which is updated on a daily basis.