Coronavirus: updated advice for FLS employees
Last updated: 10 August 2020 - 4:45pm
For the latest health information, please see the NHS inform website which is updated on a daily basis.
For specific information in relation to Scottish Government's routemap out of lockdown, please see the Scottish Government website.
The First Minister has set Scotland's route map for a careful and phased exit from lockdown that will gradually ease restrictions.
Regional work is restarting according to regional priorities. Remote working remains the default for those who can work from home. Only those who cannot work from home will be expected to return to work outdoors. No one should return to outdoor working without written authorisation from their Regional or Delivery Manager. Office buildings will continue to be closed to most staff. Essential worker letters will no longer be required for FLS staff working outdoors.
The biggest single factor in returning to work safely is to continue hand washing, cough hygiene and physical distancing. This will be essential - so too will compliance with Scottish Government's test, trace, isolate and support system.
Below you'll find information, guidance and support to help you during this time – whether that's working from home or returning to work outdoors. The safety and wellbeing of all our people is central to our approach.
- What Phase 3 means for FLS - a message from Simon (only accessibly via the SCOTS network)
- FLS Guidance: Wildlife Management Reactivation - updated 2 July
- FLS Guidance: National Office Staff restarting work away from home - updated 25 June
- FLS Guidance: Covid-19 quarry operations resumptions - updated 16 June
- FLS Guidance: Covid-19 quarry blasting procedure - updated 16 June
- FISA Guidance: Working safely during Covid-19 (sector guidance)
- FLS Guidance: Working safely during Covid-19 Manager’s guide - updated 10 August
- FLS Guidance: Working safely during Covid-19 employee’s guide - updated 5 June
- FLS Guidance: Visitor centre re-opening - updated 21 July
- FLS Guidance: Vehicle hire - updated 9 July
- FLS Guidance: Vehicle breakdown and recovery - updated 20 May
- FLS Guidance: Re-opening of buildings - updated 27 July
- FLS Guidance: Restarting vehicles, machines and equipment - updated 1 July
- FLS Guidance: Welfare facilities for outdoor working - updated 5 June
- FLS Guidance: Restarting contracts process and template - updated 9 June
- FLS Guidance: user instructions for Covid-19 related sanitisation products (contains spreadsheet links that are available only to staff on Saltire) - updated 30 June
- FLS Guidance: Signatures on new contracts and extensions - updated 30 March
- FLS Guidance: Recruitment – advice for managers - updated 15 June
- FLS Guidance: Manager’s guide on staff return to work away from home - updated 10 August
- FLS Guidance: HR - updated 28 July
- FLS Guidance for managers: Impact of coronavirus on HR Policies (Discipline, Grievance, Attendance, Performance, Whistleblowing and Probation) - updated 10 July
- FLS Guidance: Salary payments - updated 18 May
- FLS Guidance: e-learning on Covid-19 - updated 8 June
- FLS Guidance: Induction during Covid-19 (coming soon)
- FLS Guidance: Supporting those experiencing anxiety arising from Covid-19, or on returning to the workplace - updated 4 June
- FLS Guidance: Managers guide on staff return to work away from home - updated 4 June
- FLS Guidance: first aiders - updated 20 May
- FLS Guidance: Wellbeing Resources - updated 19 May
- FLS Guidance: Safety alert on the fire risk of alcohol hand gels - updated 11 June
- FLS Guidance: Bereavement support - updated 23 April
- FLS Guidance: Support for you - updated 26 March
- FLS Guidance: Work related overnight stays - updated 4 August
- FLS Guidance: Electronic process for submitting GPC and EEMs claims - updated 13 July
- FLS Guidance: Construction sites - updated 16 June
- FLS Guidance: Home and Alternative Working Arrangements - updated 23 July
- FLS Guidance: lone working during Covid-19 - updated 24 April
- FLS Guidance: Antisocial behaviour - updated 28 July