New job vacancy: Visitor Services Manager
Are you looking for a new challenge within tourism and recreation management?
Our South Region manage a large portfolio of visitor destinations across the South of Scotland and the work we do makes a substantial contribution to the local and national visitor economy.
We’re looking for a dynamic individual with leadership skills and experience, who can support our ambition of delivering the highest quality visitor experience. You’ll play a key role in the development and delivery of the Borderlands 7stanes project, Glentress Masterplan, revitalising the Galloway Dark Skies Park and continuing the forging of new ways of working with multiple stakeholder groups who enjoy our forests.
A very recent example of our initiatives is here.
We want to hear from you if you can…
- Lead the development of sustainable forest tourism for the South Region, from the Scottish Borders to Galloway and Isle of Arran;
- Work with partners and stakeholders at a strategic level to shape and support economic recovery in South Scotland;
- Develop and lead your team to think strategically, deliver ambitious programmes and manage a wide range of recreation sites;
- Shape our visitor services offer in the region to fulfil it’s potential in the wider South Scotland tourist economy whilst ensuring economic sustainability.
We understand that changing your role or workplace can be a big decision to make, with many aspects to consider. In addition to a generous pay, holiday and pension package we also offer:
- Genuine consideration of flexible working options, such as compressed hours and a mixture of virtual, home and remote working;
- Flexi-time with the ability to accrue and take off up to 2 days per period (in addition to your holiday allowance);
- An environment that supports work/life balance for everyone in the team;
- Opportunity to pursue continued professional development.
Whatever your circumstances, if you think you would be the right fit for our team and you meet the essential criteria for the role, we encourage and welcome your application.
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions, please contact: