Carsphairn Community Woodland Limited have submitted a revision to their Asset Transfer Request, to purchase 48.7 hectares at Muirdrochwood (also known as Marscalloch) to create a rural economic hub to help address social issues of depopulation, an ageing population and a lack of outdoor facilities in the area, along with enhancing the diversity of the forest.
The community intend to deliver their objectives through forest management, recreation infrastructure, community involvement, woodfuel and wood products and developing a forest-based tourism business.
Revised documents and maps
- Revised Asset Transfer Request (PDF 925KB)
- Revised area map (PDF 3.9MB)
- Revised Business Plan (PDF 2MB)
- Revised 25 year cashflow (PDF 201KB)
- Award letter from Carsphairn Renewable Energy Fund Ltd (PDF 551KB)
- Letter of support from Galloway Glens Landscape Partnership (PDF 153KB)
Have your say
Anyone may make representations about a request and representations are published online. You can see the representations received during the consultation period for the original request, and the response from Carsphairn Community Woodland Ltd, below: