Carron Valley land management plan
Carron Valley Forest is situated on the B818 from Denny to Fintry on the slopes above the Carron Valley Reservoir, and covers a little over 3,000 hectares.
Following extensive analysis, consultation and development work, the land management plan for Carron Valley was formally approved in August 2016, and is scheduled for renewal in 2026.
A brief summary of the current plan can be found here
- 2014 – Information gathering, site analysis, development of initial design concept.
- Winter 2014/Spring 2015 – Consultation on initial design proposals.
- 2015/2016 – Development of the initial proposals, incorporating feedback from the consultation process, into a detailed land management plan.
- Summer 2016 – Submission of the plan for formal approval.
Land management plan documents
The scale and complexity of the site required a large amount of information to support the planning process. The main documents covering the plan are:
- Land management plan (PDF 375KB) - Main document containing detailed proposals.
- Appendix IV thinning analysis (PDF 6.93MB) - Exploration of options for thinning within the forest.
- Appendix V LISS plan (PDF 6.27MB) - Detailed development of management operations within areas to be managed using low impact silvicultural system approach.
- Forest stand management (PDF 4.55MB) - Maps illustrating felling, thinning, operational access, riparian zones and upper margin habitat.
- Future woodland (PDF 6.21MB) - Maps illustrating proposed species and woodland types.
- Potential recreation options map (PDF 3.45MB)
Original design concept
The original design concepts used during the consultation process were:
- Brief and draft management objectives (PDF 126KB) – Highlights some of the key considerations with regard to the forest as it is currently, and relevant national and district-level strategic objectives for the site.
- Opportunities and constraints analysis (PDF 3.5MB) - Summarises the main factors which will influence the design process, based on information gathered to date.
- Initial design concept (PDF 3.2MB) – Sketches out in broad detail the design approach proposed for different areas of the forest.
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: