Glasgow Woods land management plan
The Glasgow Woods are a collection of three woodland areas managed by Forestry Commission Scotland (FCS) within Glasgow. The three woodland areas are Auchenshuggle, to the south east of the city; Drumchapel to the north west and Easterhouse in the north east. We manage Drumchapel and Easterhouse on behalf of Glasgow City Council whilst Auchenshuggle is managed and owned by FCS.
The land management plan for these woodland areas was approved in October 2015 and covers the period from 2015 to 2025.
A brief summary of the current plan can be found here (PDF 34.3KB)
- 2013/14 – Site survey, site analysis.
- Mid 2014 – Produce design concept for the woodland including social, silvicultural and conservation aims.
- October/November 2014 - Community consultations took place to inform the direction of the land management plan
- Spring 2015 – Produce 1st draft of land management plan and consult for comment.
- Summer 2015 – Application to the Forestry Commission. As part of the approval process, the proposals were available for review on the Forestry Commission public register for 28 days for comment.
- October 2015 - Plan formally approved.
Land management plan and maps
- Location Maps (PDF 1.6MB)
- Physical and Climatic Factors Maps (Auchenshuggle) (PDF 1.1MB)
- Physical and Climatic Maps (Drumchapel) (PDF 2.2MB)
- Physical and Climatic Maps (Easterhouse) (PDF 2.1MB)
- Survey, Analysis and Concept Maps (Auchenshuggle) (PDF 4.3MB)
- Survey, Analysis and Concept Maps (Drumchapel) (PDF 6.7MB)
- Survey, Analysis and Concept Maps (Easterhouse) (PDF 8.8MB)
- Management Maps (Auchenshuggle) (PDF 725KB)
- Management Maps (Drumchapel) (PDF 985KB)
- Management Maps (Easterhouse) (PDF 937KB)
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: