Westfield forest design plan
Westfield is located on the edge of Strathmore in Perthshire about 750 metres North West of Alyth town centre. The town of Alyth itself has a population of approximately 3,000 in a region where agriculture dominates the landscape.
The site totals some 333.82 hectares and comprises a mix of young mixed conifer and broadleaf woodland planted after acquisition in 2008. There are some 13.93 hectares of pre-existing predominantly conifer shelter strips. The Hill of Alyth which is open land occupies approximately half the site. The woodland area includes part of the Den of Alyth Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) riparian woodland 12.6 hectares.
Documents and maps
- Forest design plan - Full text (PDF 94KB)
- Location map (PDF 790KB)
- Key features and issues map (PDF 3.7MB)
- Strategic management objectives map (PDF 3.7MB)
- Strategic influences map (PDF 3.8MB)
- Planting map (PDF 3.6MB)
- Felling map (PDF 3.3MB)
- Viewpoints and local landscape character map (PDF 950KB)
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: