Benhar and Fauldhouse land management plan consultation
Following extensive analysis and consultation, the land management plan for Benhar and Fauldhouse Forests was formally approved in September 2018 and is scheduled for renewal by 2028.
- 2016 - site survey and site analysis
- January 2018 - creation of design concept for the woodland including social, silvicultural and conservation aims
- Summer 2018 - consultation with local community and other statutory stakeholders
- Summer 2018 - application for approval to Forestry Commission Scotland
- Autumn 2018 - plan formally approved
Land management plan documents
- Approved land management plan and appendices (PDF 682KB) - Main document containing the detailed proposals
- Location map (2.38MB)
- Site data (PDF 6.53MB) - Maps illustrating local context, soils, climate and existing woodland.
- Key features and survey (PDF 8.43MB)
- Analysis and concept (PDF 6.78MB)
- Future species habitats (PDF 7.19MB)
- Forest management (PDF 6.21MB) - Maps illustrating proposed felling, thinning, operational access and proposed species choices.
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact:
Forestry and Land Scotland
Five Sisters House
Five Sisters Business Park