Black Isle Land Management Plan Consultation
We are currently carrying out a Land Management Plan (LMP) revision to help us determine future management proposals for the Black Isle. An LMP details how we intend to manage our land over the coming 10 years and indicates our vision for the next decades and beyond. This revision covers all forest and land managed by Forestry and Land Scotland on the Black Isle, an area of approximately 5,111 hectares.
Through the new plan we intend to address issues around resilience to climate change, tree health and age diversity. We furthermore want to make sure that the forests provide future economic and social benefits to the residents and visitors and that ecological value is retained and enhanced.
A draft plan has been made and the draft maps can be found in the Documents and Maps below. The community was consulted through two separate community consultation events on these draft maps in late November and early December. The final plan has now been submitted to Scottish Forestry and will appear on their public register soon. If you have any questions or comments in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- July 2022: Start initial Scoping
- August to October 2022: Drafting of new LMP
- November 2022: Consultation on draft plan
- December 2022: Review draft
- February 2023: Submission to Scottish Forestry for approval
Documents and Maps
- Land Management Plan Brief (Word)
- Map 1 – Location and Viewpoints (PDF)
- Map 2 – Key Features (PDF)
- Map 3 - Key Water Features (PDF)
- Map 4 - Analysis and Concept (PDF)
- Map 5 – Management Coupes (PDF)
- Map 6 – Future Habitats and Species (PDF)
- Map 7 - Thinning Coupes (PDF)
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact:
Eelco de Jong, Planning Forester
Forestry and Land Scotland
Golspie Business Park