Lamachan land management plan consultation
The Lamachan area lies approximately 5km north east of Newton Stewart in Dumfries and Galloway.
We are developing a land management plan for Lamachan that details our proposals for management of the area over the next ten years. Draft versions of the plan will be published here and we invite comments and feedback from the public on the proposals.
Download a brief summary of the current Lamachan land management plan (PDF 328KB)
Winter 2015: Initial stakeholder consultation.
Winter 2015: Ongoing consultation. Woodland design including coupe design, species choice and management proposals.
Spring 2016: Land management plan submission to Forestry Commission Scotland as part of approval process (final plan will be placed on the Forestry Commission public register for 28 days).
Autumn 2019: Revised date for plan submission to Scottish Forestry.
Land management plan documents and maps
- Land management plan brief (PDF 215KB) – identifies key factors that will influence the forest design
- Land management plan (PDF 1.19MB) - the main document containing the detailed design proposals. This plan has been submitted to Scottish Forestry for approval.
- Location map (PDF 1MB)
- Draft analysis and concept map (PDF 1.83MB) – identifies key factors that will influence the forest design
- Management map (PDF 5.3MB) - details our objectives and management proposals for the area. This plan has been submitted to Scottish Forestry for approval, if required further comment can be made through the public register
- Habitats and species map (PDF 5.64MB) - details our objectives and restocking proposals for the area. This plan has been submitted to Scottish Forestry for approval, if required further comment can be made through the public register
- Plantation map (552KB)
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact:
Forestry and Land Scotland