Laurieston land management plan consultation
The Laurieston forest block lies around 22km east of Newton Stewart and immediately to the north of Gatehouse of Fleet, in Dumfries and Galloway.
We are developing a land management plan for the block that details our proposals for the management of the area over the next ten years. Draft versions of the plan will be published here after which we will welcome your comments and feedback on the proposals.
- Spring/Summer 2017: Initial stakeholder consultation
- Winter 2017: Ongoing consultation. Woodland design including coupe design, species choice and management proposals.
- Winter 2017/18: Land Management Plan submission to Forestry Commission Scotland as part of approval process (The final plan will be placed on the Forestry Commission public register for 28 days)
Documents and maps
- Land management plan brief (PDF 61KB) - identifies key factors that will influence the forest design.
- Land management plan (PDF) - the main document containing the detailed design proposals. This plan has been submitted to Forestry Commission Scotland for approval.
- Location map (PDF 1.2MB)
- Draft analysis and concept map (PDF 1.89MB) - identifies key factors that will influence the forest design
- LISS map (PDF 4.9MB)
- Context and setting map (PDF 5.03MB)
- 1st 10 years management map (PDF 3.09MB)
- 1st 10 years habitats and species map (PDF 2.8MB)
- Management map (PDF 4.99MB)) - Details our objectives and management proposals for the area. This plan has been submitted to Forestry Commission Scotland for approval.
- Habitats and species map (PDF 4.66MB) - Details our objectives and restocking proposals for the area. This plan has been submitted to Forestry Commission Scotland for approval.
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact:
Forestry and Land Scotland