Lennox Forest land management plan consultation
Lennox Forest is located to the west of Lennoxtown in East Dunbartonshire and covers approximately 306 hectares. As part of the management of our woodlands we produce land management plans which lay out our management strategy for the next 10 years and beyond at each of our sites and as such, a renewed plan is required to map out and guide what we do at Lennox Forest.
We are keen to know what you think of our proposals. If you wish to contribute your thoughts or opinions on the land management plan please see the contact details below.
See below the development timeline of the management plan.
- 2018 - site survey, site analysis
- December 2018 - creation of design concept for the woodland including social, silvicultural and conservation aims
- Autumn 2019 - consultation with local community and other statutory stakeholders on a draft plan with a view to seek subsequent approval from Scottish Forestry. As part of the approval process, the plan will also be placed on Scottish Forestry's public register for 28 days where you will also have the opportunity to comment.
- Land management plan (PDF 1.1MB) - main document containing the detailed proposals
- Appendices (PDF 1.1MB) - supplementary documents supporting the proposals e.g. the management brief
- Location and context maps (PDF 3.2MB)
- Physical and climatic factors maps (PDF 5.0MB) - maps illustrating local context, soils, climate and existing woodland
- Survey and concept maps (PDF 9.8MB) - maps illustrating key features, opportunities and constraints which led to the initial concepts
- Forest management maps (PDF 5.4MB) - maps illustrating proposed felling, access and planting
If you would like to receive notification of further developments with the plan, please contact:
Forestry and Land Scotland
Five Sisters House
Five Sisters Business Park