Newcastleton land management plan consultation
Newcastleton Forest comprises 2376 Ha of predominantly upland conifer forest located in the very south of the Scottish Borders, immediately east of Newcastleton village and adjacent to Kershope and Lewisburn Forests in Northumberland.
We are in the process of reviewing and revising the land management plan for Newcastleton Forest. Draft versions of the land management plan will be published here and we invite comments and feedback from the public on our proposals.
- Autumn/winter 2016: Develop LMP Brief.
- Spring 2017: Public consultation including drop-in session at Buccleuch House, Newcastleton on 1st March and presentation to Newcastleton & District Community Council on 14th March.
- Summer 2017: Develop draft LMP and further consultation.
- September 2017: Submit LMP to Forestry Commission Scotland (FCS) for approval. At this point the LMP will be placed on the Public Register for four weeks, during which time it is still available for comment.
Documents and maps
- Location Map (PDF 1.68MB)
- Land management plan brief (PDF 166KB)
- Analysis and concept map (PDF 2.82MB)
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact:
Forestry and Land Scotland