Screel land management plan consultation
The Screel land management plan (LMP) covers Screel Hill, Potterland and The Doach. The area is located south of Castle Douglas in Dumfries and Galloway. It is a popular location for walkers and is part of the East Stewartry Coast National Scenic Area. Forestry and Land Scotland are currently revising this plan. It is an opportunity for us to review the management objectives, and to set out our operations for the next ten years. This page will be regularly updated with information, documents and maps as the plan takes shape.
Community consultation event
Scoping consultation with stakeholders (including the local community) is a requirement of the land management planning process, but it is also a valuable opportunity for us to engage with the public, talk about our work, and discover what's important to you. Local 'drop in' events are a great way to do this, but unfortunately these are not currently possible due to COVID-19 restrictions. We therefore introduced an online consultation option, and we have been delighted by the feedback received. The survey is now closed but we would like to thank all those who took the time to comment.
- Summer 2020 - collection and analysis of background information
- October 2020 - community consultation
- Winter 2020 / Spring 2021 - development of plan
- Summer 2021 - submission of plan to Scottish Forestry for approval
Documents and maps
- Location map (PDF 1.77MB)
- Screel land management plan - Brief (PDF 126KB)
- Features, issues and challenges map (PDF 1.4MB)
- Concept map (PDF 1.2MB)
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions, please contact: