Slattadale Land Management Plan Consultation
We are currently carrying out a full Land Management Plan (LMP) revision to determine future management proposals for our forest and land at Slattadale. The revised LMP will replace the current, expiring Plan – originally approved in February 2008 – and will detail how we intend to manage this landholding over the next 10 years (2022 - 2031) as well as our vision for land over the next twenty five years and beyond.
The Plan covers an area of approximately 478 hectares (see maps below) and seeks to address issues around management of productive conifer woodland, riparian and pinewood conservation/restoration, wider habitat management and related climate change and biodiversity adaptation and resilience - ensuring the forests and open ground are managed in as practical and effective a manner as possible for broad social, economic and environmental benefit.
This consultation page will be used to share updates as the LMP revision progresses: i.e. uploading additional maps/documents outlining developing objectives and prescriptions during the Timeline (below). We also intend to canvass wider public opinion through local face-to-face meetings and a local drop-in session once a draft Plan is produced. However, in view of ongoing Covid-related regulations, these intentions cannot yet be defined or even guaranteed. Nevertheless FLS would endeavour to use a variety of different methods of engagement – online, postal correspondence and in person if possible - so as many individuals and organisations wishing to contribute and discuss particular issues with emerging plans can do so.
In the meantime, we would be pleased to hear from any interested parties during this drafting stage of the plan. If you have any preliminary comments please send them to us using the contact details at the bottom of this page.
- July - August 2021: Initial Scoping including engagement with key stakeholders.
- August - September: Following-up on stakeholder feedback; Developing draft LMP.
- September: Wider public consultation on draft LMP; Refinement of draft Plan.
- October - December: Drawing together final LMP proposals.
- End of January 2022: Submission of LMP to Scottish Forestry for consideration.
- April 2022: Assuming successful approval, the new LMP comes into effect.
Documents and maps
- Slattadale Location Map (PDF)
- Slattadale Key Features Map (PDF)
- Indicative Felling Proposals (PDF) – derived from existing Plan and for revision by new Plan.
- Indicative Future Habitat Proposals (PDF) – derived from existing Plan and for revision by new Plan.
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: