South West Fife Forests land management plan consultation
The South West Fife Forests are a collection of 10 forests and woodlands managed by Forestry and Land Scotland located in the south-west region of Fife. The ten forests are Devilla, Balgownie, Tulliallan; Gartarry, East Grange, Lockshaw Moss, Middle Grange, Shiremill, Cadgerford and Muirside.
As part of the management of our woodlands we produce land management plans which lay out our management strategy for the next 10 years and beyond at each of our sites. As such, renewed plans are required to map out and guide what we do at Devilla, Balgownie, Tulliallan and Gartarry. Approved plans exist covering East Grange, Lockshaw Moss, Middle Grange, Shiremill, Cadgerford & Muirside. Our intention is to revise and renew all current or expired plans to form one new plan covering all ten sites.
Timeline of the plan
- 2019/20 – Site survey and analysis.
- Summer 2020 – Creation of design concept for the woodland including social, silvicultural and conservation aims.
- Winter 2021 – Consultation with local community and other statutory stakeholders on a draft plan with a view to seek subsequent approval from Scottish Forestry. As part of the approval process, the plan will also be placed on Scottish Forestry’s public register for 28 days where you will also have opportunity to comment.
- Land management plan (PDF 4MB) - Main document containing the detailed proposals.
- Appendices (PDF 579KB) - Supplementary documents supporting the proposals e.g. the management brief.
- Location Map (PDF 475KB)
- Physical and Climatic Factors Maps (PDF 8.7MB) - Maps illustrating local context, soils, climate & existing woodland.
- Survey and Concept Maps (PDF 3.3MB) – Maps illustrating key features, opportunities and constraints which led to the initial concepts.
- Forest Management Maps (PDF 8.4MB) - Maps illustrating proposed felling and operational access.
- Future Species and Habitats Maps (PDF 3.1MB) - Maps illustrating proposed species choices.
Get in touch
If you would like to receive notification of further developments with the plan, please contact: