West Bold land management plan consultation
West Bold is located in the Scottish Borders, 0.5 km south of Walkerburn within the Tweed Valley between the Forests of Traquair and Elibank. Recently purchased, it is part of Scotland’s national forests and land, owned by Scottish Ministers on behalf of the people of Scotland, and will be managed by Forestry and Land Scotland (FLS).
The main management objectives in this plan focus on sustainable timber production, climate change mitigation and adaptation and landscape value.
We are developing a land management plan to detail these proposals for management of the area over the next ten years. Draft versions of the plan will be published here and we invite comments and feedback from the public on the proposals.
Community consultation event
Unfortunately due to the situation with COVID-19 the community engagement drop in event is now cancelled. Without knowing when a substitute day would be viable, as an alternative please look through the documents provided and give any comment via the email provided below. This page will be updated frequently but please don’t hesitate to request any other information.
- Development of draft brief and design concept | January - March 2020
- External stakeholder consultations | March – April 2020
- Public engagement | April 2020
- Development of final plans | May – October 2020
- Submission to Scottish Forestry | November 2020
Land Management plan documents and maps
- West Bold Land Management Plan Brief (PDF 587KB) - provides an outline of the objectives for the site and the factors that will influence how we manage it.
- Location map (PDF 1.9MB) - location and boundary of the West Bold site.
- West Bold Analysis and Concept (PDF 1.7MB) - shows the key factors that will influence the new planting proposals and the management of the forest
Give us your feedback
Get in touch
If you want to comment, request further information or to speak to us directly, please contact: