West Sutherland land management plan consultation
We are currently carrying out a full revision for future management proposals covering forest blocks located in western Sutherland. The revised Land Management Plan (LMP) will detail how we intend to manage the forests over the coming ten years and will indicate our vision for the next 25 years. The revised LMP will be a full revision of two Forest Design Plans (FDPs): Benmore FDP and Capplich, Craggan, Einig (& Loubcroy) FDP, and covers an area of 6684 ha. Forests included in the new West Sutherland LMP are located along the A837, in a remote and dramatic area of western Sutherland.
- Deadline for comments on draft proposals: 31 October 2019
- Submission to Scottish Forestry: 1 January 2020
Documents and maps
- West Sutherland land management plan brief (PDF 187KB) - This provides an outline of the objectives for the site and the factors that will influence how we manage it.
- West Sutherland location map (PDF 1.9MB)
- West Sutherland forest and water map (PDF 700KB)
- West Sutherland environmental features map (PDF 5MB)
- West Sutherland analysis and concept map ((PDF 5.2MB)
- West Sutherland proposed management coupes (PDF 3MB)
- West Sutherland proposed future habitats (PDF 2.2MB)
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact:
Forestry and Land Scotland
Golspie Business Park