Campsite Management Company Appointed To Refresh Speyside’s Glenmore Site
Forestry and Land Scotland (FLS) has announced that Twinflower will take on management of the Glenmore campsite on the shores of Aviemore’s Loch Morlich.
A new dedicated Scottish outdoor business, Twinflower has been established by the management team behind the multi-award-winning Holdfast Entertainment Company and will commence operating the site from 1 December 2022.
The Scottish owned business is committed to working with the local communities to enhance facilities and family friendly experiences, and provide local economic benefits.
The team are all outdoor enthusiasts and are keen to bring their extensive hospitality and leisure operating experience to the sustainable family tourism market.
Brian Fulton, Director for Twinflower said:
“We are absolutely delighted to have been selected to manage Glenmore campsite and we cannot wait to work in partnership with the local communities to enhance the site so that everyone can enjoy what it has to offer.
“Our team are passionate about tourism and Scotland’s unique natural environment, and we will work tirelessly to build a successful and sustainable family friendly camp site and attraction for domestic and international visitors.
“We are fully signed up to FLS’ Visitor Strategy mission to look after Scotland’s forests and land, for the benefit of all, now and in the future and look forward to taking Glenmore campsite to bigger and better things.”
Subject to consultation with neighbouring residents, community groups and businesses, Twinflower will embark on an initial three-year sustainable investment programme which is likely to include:
- A new simplified booking and customer service system
- Additional play facilities and new community hub
- Improved and fully accessible tent, caravan, and motorhome pitches to promote the outdoors to all
- Enhanced shower facilities and amenities
- Wifi connectivity and sustainable measures to manage energy and waste
FLS’ Director of Commercial Development, John Mair, said;
“There was strong interest in operating the Glenmore site from a wide range of organisations and businesses. Following a rigorous competitive tender process, Twinflower emerged as the strongest bid based on their proposed approach to community values and an exciting and fully funded sustainable business plan.
“The team has extensive experience in running hospitality businesses and is active in a range of pursuits including hiking, climbing, cycling and Scouting, so have extensive experience of Scotland’s great outdoors.”!
The new operators have also committed to promoting and using local suppliers and to establishing partnerships with local community groups and charities. They will also introduce a ‘Community Pitch’ initiative which will allocate a percentage of each customer booking to benefit local good causes.
Notes to editors
Forestry and Land Scotland (FLS) manages forests and land owned by Scottish Ministers in a way that supports and enables economically sustainable forestry; conserves and enhances the environment; delivers benefits for people and nature; and supports Scottish Ministers in their stewardship of Scotland's national forests and land.
- Donald Macleod MBE is Managing Director of Holdfast Entertainment Group and in 2020 was awarded and MBE for services to music and charity (music therapy charity, Nordoff Robbins)
- Twinflower was established by the highly experienced management team from Holdfast Entertainment Limited, who share a passion for customer service and the great outdoors. Twinflower is an independent Scottish business but will draw on the operations experience and back-office finance capabilities of Holdfast Entertainment Limited, an award-winning Nightclub and Events Management business. Holdfast has won awards and been recognised for best practice at national level by Best Bar None Scotland.