Stay the Night
Motorhomes and campervans that are self-contained and have their own toilet facilities will be able to stay overnight at some of our car parks from 26 April – 31 October 2021 in a continuation of the Stay the Night initiative we ran last year. This does not include overnight tent camping or car parking.
Are you planning to Stay the Night? On this page you will find everything you need to know before you hit the road.
Plan your stay
Search for a participating car park
Time it right
You can stay for one night only at a time between 6pm and 10am. If you would like to visit outside these times, additional parking charges may apply. You shouldn’t return to stay the night within 48 hours.
Find a space
Please park safely and leave at least 4 metres between you and your neighbour.
There may be a small cost
A small charge for staying the night will apply at some of our participating car parks, where parking meters are already in place. This will be no more than £10. Please pay for your stay by purchasing and displaying two day tickets. Normal parking charges at pay and display car parks apply outside of Stay the Night hours, 6pm to 10am.
Please be considerate
To ensure a pleasant stay for everyone, please follow our guidance:
- Distancing: Leave 4 metres between you and your neighbour.
- Know before you go: As participating car parks will have limited – if any – facilities, they are intended for use as informal one night ‘stop overs’ on longer journeys.
- Toilets: You must use your own self-contained toilet facilities. Visit www.campa.org.uk/waste-disposal for advice on waste disposal sites in Scotland.
- Fires: Fires and barbecues are not permitted.
- Rubbish: Take all rubbish away with you.
- Help everyone to sleep well: Keep noise levels down at all times but especially between 10pm and 7am.
- Four-legged friends: Keep dogs on a lead or under close control. Please pick up after your dog.
- Car park too full? Please check Visit Scotland for nearby campsites. Please do not park irresponsibly.
Let us know what you think
We would love to hear about your visit. Your feedback will play an important part in our consideration of the future of overnight parking.
Terms and conditions
We want everyone who takes part in the Stay the Night initiative to have an enjoyable and peaceful night. We also want to ensure that daytime visitors can continue to enjoy their local forests. Anyone staying the night must follow our terms and conditions when using our car parks:
- Overnight parking is only available to self-contained (i.e. with own toilet facilities) motorhomes and campervans (and caravans at car parks that are suitable). Tents and cars are not included in this initiative.
- Stays are restricted to one night only.
- You should arrive after 6pm and leave before 10am.
- Charges for Stay the Night apply at car parks equipped with ticket machines. Please purchase and display two day tickets.
- You must pay for additional parking as normal, if parked outside these times at a site with a ticket machine.
- Park responsibly and do not block access points, gates, trail heads, picnic benches or signage.
- Pre-booking and allocated spaces are not possible.
- Forestry and Land Scotland car park annual parking passes are not valid for Stay the Night.
- Blue Badge holders are exempt from Stay the Night parking charges. Please display your Blue Badge.
Get in touch
Do you have any questions about Stay the Night? Please email:
We monitor emails Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm and will respond as soon as we can.