- Read our Covid-19 Information in advance of your visit.
- Most of our forests and facilities are open, but use our website to check before you travel.
- Do not light campfires or use disposable barbecues.
- Park considerately, taking care not to park on verges or block gates or roads.
A winding road through magnificent Trossachs scenery
This popular public road, regarded as one of Britain's best drives, leads you through some of the most scenic parts of the iconic Trossachs landscape. It was originally built by the Duke of Montrose in the 19th century to improve access to his estate, and was later upgraded to accommodate the Victorian tourists drawn to the area after the publication of Sir Walter Scott's epic poem 'The Lady of the Lake' which celebrates the beauty of Loch Katrine.
Facilities & access
The nearest facilities to the Duke's Pass can be found at The Lodge Forest Visitor Centre, 1 mile north of Aberfoyle.
Stay The Night
Motorhomes and campervans that are self-contained and have their own toilet facilities will be able to stay overnight at the Leannach car park, midway along the Duke's Pass, from 26 April – 31 October 2021.
To help plan your stay, please see the details below:
- Height barrier – No
- Motorhome capacity of car park – 4
- Suitable for large vehicles/caravans – Yes
- Access notes – Leannach car park is midway along the Duke's Pass, marked on the map above
- Parking notes – Please leave a 4m gap between other motorhomes
Please visit our Stay the Night page for full details, other participating locations, best practice, and terms and conditions of use.
Car parking information
There is no charge to park in this car park. Please park with care and consideration. In particular please park in designated parking areas only and do not block entrances or gates.
The Duke's Pass is the public road that links Aberfoyle and Loch Katrine. The section of the A821 that runs between Aberfoyle and Loch Achray makes up the bulk of it.
The best place to start exploring is The Lodge Forest Visitor Centre, 1 mile north of Aberfoyle.
FK8 3SX is the postcode for The Lodge Forest Visitor Centre at the southern end of the Pass.
Get in touch
Have a question or suggestion for improvement?