Ben Aigen land management plan
Ben Aigen is located near Rothes in a rural area with a low population. The block covers 1425ha with the main access from the A95 between Craigellachie and Mulben.
The forest is located in an upland farming landscape, which lies to the east of the river Spey. Currently the forest is predominantly coniferous, of plantation origin, with Scots pine being the primary species.
The main objectives of this plan are:-
- The production of high quality timber
- Maximise biodiversity value in the block
This land management plan was approved in July 2014 and covers the period from 2014 to 2024.
Documents and maps
- Land management plan summary (PDF) - a summary of the land management plan.
- Land management plan (PDF) – details of our objectives for the area and our management proposals.
- Location map (PDF) – shows the location of the forest in relation to the local area.
- Key features map (PDF) – shows the key features that will influence the management of the forest.
- Current species map (PDF) – shows the current tree species that are growing in the forest.
- Analysis and concept map (PDF) – shows how the key features have influenced the management of the forest.
- Management map (PDF) – shows the management of the forest including the planned felling dates for areas.
- Future habitats and species map (PDF) – shows the species planned for the replanting of felled areas.
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: