Brigton land management plan
The Brigton block lies around 10km north of Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway.
Following analysis, consultation and development work, the land management plan for Brigton was formally approved on 22 November 2017 and is scheduled for renewal in 2027.
Download a brief summary of the current Brigton land management plan (PDF 90KB)
Community consultation event
A drop-in meeting took place on 29 October 2014 at Old Primary School, Glentrool Village.
- Winter 2014: Initial stakeholder consultation
- 2015 & 2016: Ongoing consultation. Woodland design including coupe design, species choice and management proposals.
- Spring 2017: Land Management plan submission to Forestry Commission Scotland as part of approval process (final plan will be placed on the Forestry Commission public register for 28 days)
- November 2017: Plan formally approved
Land management plan documents and maps
- Land management plan (PFD 557KB) - the main document containing the detailed design proposals. This plan has been approved by Forestry Commission Scotland.
- Location map (PDF 1MB)
- Management map (PDF 2.6MB) - Details our management proposals for the area. This plan has been approved by Forestry Commission Scotland.
- Habitats and species map (PDF 2.8MB) - Details our objectives and restocking proposals for the area. This plan has been approved by Forestry Commission Scotland.
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: