Carnock and Dean land management plan
Carnock and Dean Forests are two mature, mixed woodlands situated in south-west Fife, lying north and south respectively of the villages of Carnock and Gowkhall on the A907 Dunfermline to Alloa road.
Our land management plan describes how we will manage these woodlands over the ten year period between 2019 and 2029.
- Winter 2015/16 - Information gathering, site analysis, drawing up of outline proposals.
- Spring/Summer 2016 - Initial Consultation on proposals.
- Summer/Autumn 2016 - Development of the initial proposals into a detailed land management plan, incorporating feedback from the consultation process.
- Autumn 2018 - Submission to Forestry Commission Scotland for formal approval.
- January 2019 - Plan formally approved.
Land management plan documents
The land management plan documents and maps are available to view below.
- Land management plan (PDF) - Main document containing detailed proposals
- Appendices (PDF) - Supplementary information
- Land management plan maps (PDF 7.50MB)
- Production forecast (PDF)
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: