East Sutherland land management plan
The East Sutherland Land Management Plan sets out how we intend to manage 3075 hectares of forest at Dornoch, Achormlarie and Rogart between 2015 and 2025.
The primary aims of the plan are to contribute to biodiversity targets through the conservation of important species/sites and the restoration of riverside woodland. Recreation, community involvement and maintaining a productive timber resource are also of high importance.
We are particularly keen to improve conditions for black grouse, juniper, hen harrier and fresh water pearl mussel.
Documents and maps
- Table of contents (PDF 146KB)
- 1. Introduction (PDF 2.9MB)
- 2. Analysis of previous plan (PDF 125KB)
- 3. Background information (PDF 2.8MB)
- 4. Analysis and Concept (PDF 3.4MB)
- 5. Land Management Plan proposals (PDF 219KB)
- 6. Detailed proposals (PDF 6.1MB)
- Appendices (PDF 169KB)
- Panoramic views from Achormlarie and Rogart (PDF 4.2MB)
- Supporting documents (PDF 564KB)
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: