Glenfiddich Forest land management plan
Glenfiddich forest encompasses three forest blocks: Morinsh, Glenfiddich and Blackwater. Together they cover an area of 2,000 hectares, located approximately 5km south of Dufftown in Moray. The primary objective for this land management plan area is the production of a quality crop of timber.
During the development of this land management plan we consulted publicly including with the local community representatives and stakeholders known to have an interest in this plan area.
The plan has been approved and is now active. It is due to be renewed in May 2026.
Land management plan documents and maps
- Plan summary (PDF 0.3MB) - a summary of the land management plan.
- Land management plan text (PDF 3.4MB) - details our objectives for the area and our management proposals.
- Location map (PDF 1.0MB) - shows the location of Glenfiddich forest in relation to the local area.
- Key features map (PDF 3.2MB) - shows the key features that influence the management of the forest.
- Current species map (PDF 3.9MB) - shows the current tree species that are growing in the area.
- Analysis and concept map (PDF 3.1MB) - shows how the key features influence the management of the forest.
- Management map (PDF 2.9MB) - shows the management for the area.
- Thinning map (PDF 2.7MB) - shows the thinning that is planned for the area.
- Future species map (PDF 3.6MB) - shows the tree species that are planned to be growing in the area at the end of the plan period.
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: