Lanehead Farm land management plan
A new woodland creation scheme is planned for the former Lanehead Farm area. The site lies approximately 6-7 km west of New Cumnock and north of the B741 Dalmellington to New Cumnock road in East Ayrshire.
Our management objectives focus on new woodland creation, sustainable timber production, habitat conservation and riparian enhancement. It is envisaged that this plan will be amalgamated with the adjacent North Kyle Forest Land Management Plan at the next review (2024).
Following analysis, consultation and development work, the new woodland creation scheme was formally approved on 19th March 2021.
Download a brief summary of the current Lanehead Farm land management plan (PDF)
- Development of draft brief and design concept | June - July 2020
- External stakeholder consultations | July - August 2020
- Press release and Public engagement | August 2020
- Development of final plans | September - October 2020
- Submission to Scottish Forestry | October - November 2020
- Plan formally approved | March 2021
Land management plan documents and maps
- Woodland creation operational plan (PDF) - the main document containing the detailed design proposals. This plan has been approved by Scottish Forestry.
- Location map (PDF) - location and boundary of the Lanehead site.
- Habitats and species map (PDF) - details our stocking proposals for the area. This plan has been approved by Scottish Forestry.
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan please contact: