Loch Trool land management plan
The Loch Trool forest block lies 14km North of Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway and 4km to the east of Glentrool village.
Following analysis, consultation and development work, the land management plan for Loch Trool was formally approved on 16th April 2018 and is scheduled for renewal in 2028.
- Spring 2017: Initial stakeholder consultation.
- Summer 2017: Ongoing consultation. Woodland design including coupe design, species choice and management proposals.
- November 2017: Land Management Plan will be submitted to the Conservancy at Forestry Commission Scotland as part of the approval process (final plan will be placed on the Forestry Commission public register for 28 days).
- April 2018: Plan formally approved.
Land management plan documents and maps
- Land management plan (PDF 1.54MB) - The main document containing the detailed design proposals. This plan has been approved by Forestry Commission Scotland.
- Location map (PDF 2.35MB)
- Management map (PDF 4.65MB) - Details our management proposals for the area. This plan has been approved by Forestry Commission Scotland.
- Future habitats and species map (PDF 2.69MB)) - Details our restocking proposals for the area. This plan has been approved by Forestry Commission Scotland.
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: