Maud and Carnoch land management plan
This plan is for the Maud and Carnoch forest blocks. The purpose of the plan is to set out management objectives and prescriptions for the forest for the next ten years in detail, and in more broad terms for the following twenty years, which will fulfil the requirements of the UK Forestry Standard.
The primary objective for the woodlands is to manage them to provide a sustainable supply of timber. The plan includes details of thinning, clear felling and restocking that is planned for the plan period.
The hill of Maud is a clearly prominent and visible low wooded hill in a wide landscape of rolling hills. It is surrounded by farmland interspaced with small scale forested areas and neighbours privately owned large scale forestry plantation. Designing the forest blocks has taken all of the above into account.
During the development of the land management plan for Maud and Carnoch we have consulted publicly including with local community representatives and stakeholders known to have an interest in the plan area.
The plan has been approved and is now active. It is due to be renewed in June 2030.
Documents and maps
- Land management plan text (PDF 2.6MB) - details our objectives for the area and our management proposals.
- Location map (PDF 6.4MB) - shows the location of Maud and Carnoch in relation to the local area.
- Current species map (PDF 1.5MB) - shows the current tree species that are growing in Maud and Carnoch.
- Analysis and concept map (PDF 4.0MB) - shows how key features will influence the management of the forest.
- Management map (PDF 0.9MB) - shows the planned management for the area.
- Thinning map (PDF 2.3MB) - shows what year we plan to undertake the thinning within the area.
- Future habitats and species map (PDF 1.2MB) - shows the tree species that are proposed to be growing in the area at the end of the plan period.
Get in touch
If you would like further information, please contact:
Forestry and Land Scotland
Phone: 07990 802879