Montreathmont land management plan
The forest of Montreathmont is located in a region which is heavily influenced by agriculture and has limited woodland cover. Planting started in the 1920s and reached a peak in the 1960s. The forest covers 997 hectares.
Windblow has been a recurring problem in this area, which has prompted plan amendments in the past. Early thinning interventions are planned in an effort to improve crop stability as well as enhance silvicultural quality.
This land management plan was approved in February 2016, and covers the 10 year period from 2016 to 2026.
Land management plan documents and maps
- Land management summary (PDF 477KB) - summary of management proposals.
- Land management plan (PDF 233KB) – complete plan showing detailed management proposals.
- Location map (PDF 2.2MB) – shows the location of the forest in relation to the local area.
- Roads and access map (PDF 715KB - shows forest roads and access point into the forest.
- Analysis map (PDF 588KB) – shows how the key features have influenced the management of the forest.
- Concept map (PDF 587KB) – shows how the key features have influenced the management of the forest.
- Management map (PDF 435KB) – shows the management of the forest including the planned felling dates for areas.
- Future habitat and species map (PDF 489KB) – shows the species planned for the replanting of felled areas.
Visualisation maps showing the felling phases and future habitat (restock) are available upon request. Please use contact details below.
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: