Newtyle land management plan
Newtyle is located to the south of the village of Rafford between the A940 towards Granton on Spey and B9010 towards Elgin, and it covers approximately 722 hectares.
Newtyle is a forest of transition, straddling the watershed between the Findhorn to the west and the Lossie drainage to the east; between the well- established forest landscape of Altyre and Darnaway and the more mixed and moorland landscapes top the south and east; between the coastal plain and the uplands.
Land management plan documents and maps
- Land management plan summary (PDF 663KB) - a summary of the land management plan.
- Land management plan text (PDF 1.16MB) - details our objectives and plans for the area.
- Location map (PDF 917KB) - shows the location of the block in relation to the local area.
- Key features map (PDF 861KB) - shows the key features that have influenced the planning of the management of the forest.
- Current species map (PDF 2.56MB) - shows the species of trees currently growing in the forest.
- Analysis and concept map (PDF 2.94MB) - shows how the key features have influenced the planning of the management of the forest.
- Felling map (PDF 2.58MB) - shows which areas are planned to be felled.
- Thinning map (PDF 1.49MB) - shows which areas are due to be thinned.
- Future species map (PDF 1.35MB) - shows what species are to be replanted in felled areas.
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: