Rosarie and Greenhills land management plan
Rosarie and Greenhills is located near Mulben in a rural area with a low population. The block covers 980ha with the main access from the A95 Keith to Craigellachie road.
The forest is located in an upland farming landscape, which lies to the east of the river Spey. Currently the forest is predominantly coniferous, of plantation origin, with Sitka spruce being the primary species. The new planting sites at Curlusk and Broadfield border this forest and a separate land management plan has been prepared for them. The forest is within the area of both the Drummuir and Botriphnie Community Trust and the Strathisla Community Council.
The main objectives of this plan are:-
- The production of high quality timber
- Expanding broadleaf resource in order to help reach the 20% national target
- Improving functional habitat networks
This land management plan was approved in September 2015 and covers the period from 2015 to 2024.
Documents and maps
- Land management plan summary (PDF 0.3MB) - a summary of the land management plan.
- Land management plan (PDF 1.9MB) – details of our objectives for the area and our management proposals.
- Location map (PDF 984KB) – shows the location of the forest in relation to the local area.
- Key features map (PDF 1.1MB) – shows the key features that will influence the management of the forest.
- Current species map (PDF 992KB) – shows the current tree species that are growing in the forest.
- Analysis and concept map (PDF 1.1MB) – shows how the key features have influenced the management of the forest.
- Management map (PDF 744KB) – shows the management of the forest including the planned felling dates for areas.
- Future habitats and species map (PDF 668KB) – shows the species planned for the replanting of felled areas.
- Visualisation 1 - Management (PDF 907KB) – shows a 3D visualisation of the planned management of the forest viewed from the north.
- Visualisation 1 - Future habitats and species (PDF 914KB) – shows a 3D visualisation of the future species of the forest viewed from the north.
- Visualisation 2 - Management (PDF 729KB) – shows a 3D visualisation of the planned management of the forest viewed from the north east.
- Visualisation 2 - Future habitats and species (PDF 738KB) – shows a 3D visualisation of the future species of the forest viewed from the north east.
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: