Shalloch land management plan
The Shalloch forest block lies approximately 20km north west of Newton Stewart in Dumfries and Galloway.
Following analysis, consultation and development work, the land management plan for Shalloch was formally approved on 27 November 2017 and is scheduled for renewal in 2027.
Download a brief summary of the current Shalloch land management plan (PDF 90KB)
Spring 2016: Initial stakeholder consultation. Woodland design including coupe design, species choice and management proposals.
Late Spring 2016: Land Management Plan will be submitted to Conservancy at Forestry Commission Scotland as part of approval process (final plan will be placed on the Forestry Commission public register for 28 days).
- February 2017: Revised date for plan submission to Forestry Commission Scotland.
- November 2017: Plan formally approved.
Land management plan documents and maps
- Land management plan (PDF 812KB) - The main document containing the detailed design proposals. This plan has been approved by Forestry Commission Scotland.
- Location map (PDF 1.06MB)
- Management map (PDF 1MB) – Details our management proposals for the area. This plan has been approved by Forestry Commission Scotland.
- Habitats and species map (PDF 3MB) – Details our restocking proposals for the area. This plan has been approved by Forestry Commission Scotland.
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: