Swinnie Land Management Plan
The management unit covers 170 ha and is located around 5 miles to the south west of Jedburgh, South Scotland. It is part of Scotland’s national forests and land, owned by Scottish Ministers on behalf of the people of Scotland, and managed by Forestry and Land Scotland (FLS).
The Swinnie Land Management Plan (LMP) defines the management prescription for the next ten years (2023-32), and presents the vision for the long-term management of the area. The main management objectives in this plan focus on sustainable timber production, maintained diversification of structure and resilience to climate change.
The successful delivery of this plan will contribute to the objectives of Forestry and Land Scotland’s Corporate Plan, as well as the priorities, objectives and vision of Scotland’s Forestry Strategy. The plan has been developed in accordance with the requirements of the UK Forestry Standard (UKFS) and its supporting guidelines. The UKFS is the benchmark for sustainable forestry practice, and the Scottish Government is committed to its use.
Land management plan documents and maps
- Land Management Plan text - Full plan text
- Map 1 - Location map (PDF) - Map detailing the location of Swinnie Land Management Plan area
- Map 2 - Key features map (PDF) - Map detailing the key features associated with the Swinnie Land Management Plan area
- Map 3 - Analysis and Concept map (PDF) - Map detailling how the key features will be considered within the land management plan
- Map 4 - Management (PDF)
- Map 5 - Thinning (PDF)
- Map 6 - Future habitats and species (PDF)
- Map 7 - Road operations and Timber Haulage (PDF)
- Map 8 - Current Woodland composition (PDF)
- map 9 - Soils (PDF)
- Map 10 - DAMS (PDF)
Get in touch
If you want further information, wish to comment or to speak to us directly, please contact:
Forestry and Land Scotland