Cally Woods Land Management Plan consultation
The Cally Woods Land Management Plan (LMP) comprises two small woodland blocks split by the A75(T). They provide a backdrop to the village of Gatehouse on Fleet, around 20 km south east of Newton Stewart in Dumfries and Galloway.
We are developing this land management plan to detail our proposals for management of the area over the next ten years. Draft versions of the plan will be published here and we invite comments and feedback from the public on all of our proposals.
Community consultation event
Unfortunately due to the situation with COVID-19 the proposed community engagement drop-in event is now cancelled. Without knowing when a substitute day would be viable, as an alternative please look through the documents provided and comment where appropriate by sending them - and any additional queries - to the email address provided below.
An online ZOOM meeting with the local Gatehouse Initiative is planned.
This page will be updated frequently but please don’t hesitate to request any other information.
- Development of draft brief and design concept | November 2020
- External stakeholder consultations | December 2020 - February 2021
- Press release and Public engagement | February 2021
- Development of final plans | April - August 2021
- Submission to Scottish Forestry | September 2021
Documents and maps
- Land Management Plan 2022-2032 - Full text (PDF)
- Location Map (PDF)
- Key Features Map (PDF)
- Analysis Map (PDF)
- Concept Map (PDF)
- Management Map (PDF)
- Thinning Map (PDF)
- Habitats Map (PDF)
- Forest Roads Map (PDF)
- Current Species Map (PDF)
- Soils Map (PDF)
- DAMS Map (PDF)
- Landscape Character Map (PDF)
- Heritage Map (PDF)
- Visitor Zones Map (PDF)
Get in touch
If you would like to comment on the plan or have any questions, please contact: