Torrs Warren Land Management Plan Consultation
The Torrs Warren Land Management Plan is located between Stranraer and Newton Stewart and some 4km west of Glenluce.
The plan area is 207.2ha and comprises three separate blocks; Torrs Warren (The largest block), Droughduil and Dunragit. The blocks range from conifer plantation on the sand dunes of the Solway Firth through to lowland mixed broadleaf woodland. We are developing this land management plan for the block that will detail our proposals for management of the area over the next ten years.
Draft versions of the plan will be published here and we invite comments and feedback from the public on all of our proposals.
Community and consultation event
The opportunity for a community engagement drop in event is now again possible. The intention is to hold a local drop-in meeting (date and venue to be confirmed).As an alternative to attending the drop-in event however, please look through the documents provided below and provide any queries or comment that you may have to the email address provided below.
This page will be updated frequently but please do not hesitate to request any other information.
- May-June 2023: development of draft brief and design concept
- June-August 2023: press release, public engagement and external stakeholder consultations (including drop-in meeting
- July-September 2023: development of draft plans
- November 2023: final plan submission to Scottish Forestry
Plan documents and maps
- Torrs Warren LMP brief (WORD)
- Torrs Warren LMP document (PDF)
- Location map (PDF)
- Analysis and concept map (PDF)
- Key features map (PDF)
- Current species map (PDF)
- Soils map (PDF)
- DAMS map (PDF)
- Landscape features map (PDF)
- Management map (PDF)
- Thinning map (PDF)
- Future habitats and species map (PDF)
- Roads map (PDF)
- Heritage map (PDF)
- Visitor zones map (PDF)
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions, please contact:
Forestry and Land Scotland
Galloway Forest District