Gourdie land management plan
Gourdie, previously known as Gourdie Farm, is located on the western fringe of Dundee. It's close to the communities of Birkhill and Muirhead to its North, Liff to its west and the Wester Gourdie Industrial Estate to the south. The eastern edge is boundaried by Camperdown Country Park.
The site is currently urban fringe, surrounded by a mix of housing, light industry, farmland and woodland. Over time the area will become more urban as planned developments are completed. This plan includes a small amount of planting to help establish public access across the site. Most of the land will remain in agricultural use for the next three years.
This land management plan was approved in June 2016, and covers the 10 year period from June 2016 to June 2026.
Land management plan documents and maps
- Land management plan summary (PDF 424KB) summary of management proposal and key actions.
- Land management plan (PDF 160KB complete plan of management proposals.
- Location map (PDF 2.44MB ) shows the location of Gourdie in relation to the local area.
- Roads and access map (PDF 552KB) shows access points, roads and tracks across the site.
- Key features map (PDF 436KB) - shows the key features that have influenced the planning of the management of the plan.
- Analysis and concept map (PDF) identifies key factors that will influence the forest design.
- Future species map (PDF 552KB) shows the tree species that are proposed for the planted areas of the plan.
- Visualisation (PDF 658KB) - visualization of future planting and species.
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: