Kilgallioch Land Management Plan
The Kilgallioch land management plan (LMP) includes the single forest block of Kilgallioch. The site is located near the village of Barrhill, across South Ayrshire and Dumfries and Galloway. The plan identifies management objectives and sets out our operations for the next ten years. The plan has been approved by Scottish Forestry.
This land is part of Scotland’s National Estate, owned by Scottish Ministers on behalf of the nation and managed by Forestry and Land Scotland. The successful delivery of this plan will contribute to the objectives of Forestry and Land Scotland’s Corporate Plan, as well as the priorities, objectives and vision of Scotland’s Forestry Strategy.
The plan has been developed in accordance with the requirements of the UK Forestry Standard (UKFS) and its supporting guidelines. The UKFS is the benchmark for sustainable forestry practice and the Scottish Government is committed to its use.
Plan documents and maps
- Kilgallioch land management plan (PDF)
- Map 1 – Location (PDF)
- Map 2 – Key features (PDF)
- Map 3 – Analysis and concept (PDF)
- Map 4 – Management (PDF)
- Map 5 – Thinning (PDF)
- Map 6 – Future habitats and species (PDF)
- Map 7 – Roads and haulage (PDF)
- Map 8 – Current woodland composition (PDF)
- Map 9 – Soils (PDF)
- Map 10 – DAMS (PDF)
- Map 11 – Landscape character types (PDF)
- Map 12 – Heritage features (PDF)
- Map 13 – Indicative long term vision (PDF)
- Map 14 – EIA Screening Area (PDF)
Get in touch
If you would like further information about the plan’s developments or have any questions, please contact: