North Clydesdale Forests land management plan
Following extensive analysis and consultation, the land management plan for the North Clydesdale Forests was formally approved in November 2017 and is scheduled for renewal by 2027.
A brief summary of the current plan can be found here (PDF 87KB)
- 2016 - site survey, site analysis.
- January 2017 - creation of design concept for the woodland including social, silvicultural and conservation aims.
- Autumn 2017 - consultation with local community and other statutory stakeholders.
- Autumn 2017 - application for approval to the Forestry Commission.
- Autumn 2017 - plan formally approved.
Land management plan documents
• Location and context maps (PDF 5.3MB)
• Physical and climatic factors maps (PDF 6.6MB) - maps illustrating local context, soils, climate & existing woodland.
• Survey and concept maps (PDF 7.5MB) – maps illustrating the key features, opportunities and constraints which led to initial concepts
• Forest management maps (PDF 7.9MB) - maps illustrating proposed felling and operational access
• Future species and habitats maps (PDF 8.4MB) - maps illustrating proposed species choices
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: