North Rannoch land management plan
The forest plan of North Rannoch is composed of two forest blocks, Rannoch Lodge and Talladh a Bheithe.
Covering 1248 ha, Talladh a Bheithe is the largest of the two blocks with Rannoch Lodge forest covering 260 ha. Both blocks have a mixture of Douglas fir, Scots pine, Norway spruce, Sitka spruce and larch.
Rannoch Lodge and Talladh a Bheithe have sizable areas of PAWS designated ground and scattered heritage features of which some are exposed and others are still under tree cover.
This plan was approved in May 2016. The plan covers a 10 year period from May 2016 to May 2026.
Land management plan documents and maps
- Land management summary (PDF 416KB) - Summary of management proposals.
- Land management plan (PDF 457KB) - Full document containing details of our objectives and management proposals.
- Location map (PDF 2MB) - shows the location of site in relation to the local area.
- Roads and access map (PDF 2MB) - shows current and proposed roads and access points.
- Analysis map (PDF 1.3MB) shows how the key features will influence the forest design.
- Concept map (PDF 1.3MB) - shows how the key features will influence the forest design.
- Management map (PDF 2MB) - shows the proposed management for the area.
- Species map (PDF 1.9MB) - shows the tree species that are proposed for the planted areas of the plan.
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: