Queensway land management plan
The Queensway block lies around 5km east of Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway.
Following analysis, consultation and development work, the land management plan for Queensway was formally approved on 21 November 2018 and is scheduled for renewal in 2028.
Download a brief summary of the current Queensway land management plan (PDF 92KB)
- Spring 2014: Initial stakeholder consultation
- 2014 - 2018: Ongoing consultation. Woodland design including coupe design, species choice and management proposals
- Summer/Autumn 2018: Land Management Plan submission to Forestry Commission Scotland as part of approval process (final plan will be placed on the Forestry Commission public register for 28 days)
- November 2018: Plan formally approved.
Land management plan documents and maps
- Land management plan (PDF 764KB) - The main document containing our detailed design proposals. This plan has been approved by Forestry Commission Scotland.
- Location map (PDF 2.3MB)
- Management map (PDF 1.5MB) - Details our management proposals for the area. This plan has been approved by Forestry Commission Scotland.
- Habitats and species map (PDF 1.61MB) - Details our restocking proposals for the area. This plan has been approved by Forestry Commission Scotland
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: