Fleet Basin Land Management Plan Consultation
The Fleet Basin Land Management Plan (LMP) is the southernmost section of the vast, contiguous area of Forestry and Land Scotland conifer plantation that extends north into Ayrshire. Lying around 10km west of Laurieston village and 15km east of the town of Newton Stewart in Dumfries and Galloway.
We are developing a land management plan for this sizeable block that will detail our proposals for management of the area over the next ten years. Draft versions of the plan will also be published here and we invite comments and feedback from the public on all of our proposals.
Community and consultation event
It is important that we understand why this area may be important to local communities however although the ongoing COVID-19 situation continues to improve, there are regrettably no plans to have one of our customary engagement drop in events. As an alternative, there is the opportunity for the public to share their views and provide comment via the survey form below and/or to send any additional queries to the email provided below.
This page will be updated frequently and again, please don’t hesitate to respond or request any additional information that you feel may be appropriate.
- Development of draft brief and design concept | January – March 2022
- External stakeholder consultations, Press release and Public Engagement | March – April 2022
- Preparation of Land Management Plan (draft(s)) | March – June 2022
- Development of final plan | July - August 2022
- Submission to Scottish Forestry for approval (the submitted LMP will be available on their Public Register) | September – October 2022
Documents and maps
- Draft Design Brief (PDF) Identifies key factors that will influence the forest design.
- Draft Concept Development (PDF) Identifies key factors that will influence the forest design
- Fleet basin land management plan (PDF)
- Appendix II: consultation record
- Appendix VI: deer management plan
- Appendix VII
- Appendix VIIb: report on critical load analysis
- Appendix: VIII: private water supplies
- Appendix: VIIIb: private water supplies
- Location Map (PDF)
- Analysis and Concept Map (PDF)
- Management map (PDF)
- Thinning map (PDF)
- Future habitat and species map (PDF)
- Road operations and timber haulage (PDF)
- Current woodland composition (PDF)
- Soil map (PDF)
- DAMS (PDF)
- Landscape character (PDF)
- Heritage features (PDF)
- Visitor Zones (PDF)
Give us your feedback
Let us know your thoughts on this plan using the form below:
Get in touch
If you would like to comment or receive further notification of plan developments, please contact:
Forestry and Land Scotland
South Region Scotland (West)