Kilgallioch Land Management Plan consultation
The Kilgallioch Land Management Unit is located approximately 3 kilometres south of Barrhill, Dumfries and Galloway. Covering an area of approximately 2,582 hectares, Kilgallioch comprises of a conifer forest interspersed with broadleaved species and there is also a windfarm located on site. It is part of Scotland’s national forests and land owned by Scottish Ministers on behalf of the people of Scotland and managed by Forestry and Land Scotland (FLS).
Forestry and Land Scotland is currently revising the Kilgallioch Land Management Plan (LMP) in order to define the management prescription for the next ten year period (between 2021-31) and to present the vision for the long-term management of the area. The key management objectives in this plan will focus on: sustainable timber production, natural regeneration management, peatland restoration, larch removal and woodland diversification.
Draft versions of the plan will be published here. We invite comments and feedback from the public on all of our proposals.
Community consultation event
Scoping consultation with stakeholders (including the local community) is a requirement of the land management planning process but it is also a valuable opportunity for us to engage with the public, talk about our work, and discover what's important to you. Local 'drop in' events are a great way to do this but unfortunately these are not currently possible due to COVID-19 restrictions. We therefore introduced an online consultation option and have been delighted with the feedback received. The survey is now closed and we would like to thank those who took the time to comment.
- Development of draft brief and design concept | March - May 2021
- External stakeholder consultations | June - July 2021
- Press release and public engagement | June - July 2021
- Development of final plans | July - September 2021
- Submission to Scottish Forestry | October 2021
Plan documents and maps
- Map 1 – Location Map (PDF) – location and boundary of the Kilgallioch forest block.
- Map 2 – Draft Features Map (PDF) - shows the key features within and around the forest block.
- Map 3 – Draft Analysis and Concept Map (PDF) - shows the key factors that will influence the management of the forest block.
- Land management plan draft brief (PDF) – provides an outline of the plan objectives and factors that will influence management of the forest block.
Get in touch
If you would like further information about the plan’s developments or have any questions, please contact: