Kilsture land management plan consultation
The Kilsture LMP is an isolated area of extensive broadleaf woodland that lies in the Machars between the small villages of Garlieston, Sorbie and Kirkinner around 16.0km south of Newton Stewart in Dumfries and Galloway.
We are developing this land management plan for the block that will detail our proposals for management of the area over the next ten years.
Draft versions of the plan will be published here and we invite comments and feedback from the public on all of our proposals.
Community consultation event
With the lifting of the COVID-19 situation constraints for formal group meetings, the opportunity for a community engagement drop in event is now again possible. The intention is to hold a local drop-in meeting in September at Sorbie Village hall.
As an alternative to attending the drop-in event however, please look through the documents provided below and provide any queries or comment that you may have to the email address provided below.
This page will be updated frequently but please do not hesitate to request any other information.
- May - July 2022 | Development of draft brief and design concept
- July - September 2022 | Press release, Public engagement and External stakeholder consultations (including drop-in meet)
- August - November 2022 | Development of draft plans
- November 2022 | Second round of public engagement
- December 2022 - February 2023 | Submission to Scottish Forestry
Land management plan documents and maps
- Land management plan brief (PDF) - identifies key factors that will influence the forest design
- Kilsture LMP - Analysis of issues (PDF)
- Kilsture LMP Map 1- Location map (PDF)
- Kilsture LMP Map 3 - Analysis map (PDF)
- Kilsture LMP Map 3a - Concept map (PDF)
Get in touch
If you would like to comment on the plan or receive further notification of plan developments, please contact: