Piperhill land management plan consultation
Piperhill is a former opencast coal mine site located in East Ayrshire, 2km east of Sinclairston. Piperhill is located on the shoulder slopes between North Kyle Forest to the south and extensive lowland pastures to the north.
Our management objectives for Piperhill focus on new woodland creation, sustainable timber production, enhancing biodiversity, and improving recreational access.
As we were unable to hold community engagement events in the local area due to the COVID-19 situation, an online community consultation was held in mid 2020.
- Site surveys and development of draft plan │ January – April 2020
- Public consultation │ May 2020
- Development of final plan │ June 2020
- Submit to Scottish Forestry │ July 2020
Documents and maps
- Objectives, analysis and concept (PDF 323KB): this document lists our management objectives for Piperhill, and describes how these will be delivered.
- Settings and context map (PDF 4.5MB): location and boundary of Piperhill.
- Concept map (PDF 3.4MB): the key features of the site and how these will effect management.
- Future habitat and species map (PDF 5.6MB): the long-term vision for trees species and design across Piperhill
- Management map (PDF 5.1MB): highlights management activities scheduled for the next 10 years, as covered by this Land Management Plan.
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions, please contact: