Piperhill land management plan consultation
Piperhill is a former opencast coal mine site located in East Ayrshire, 2km east of Sinclairston. Piperhill is located on the shoulder slopes between North Kyle Forest to the south and extensive lowland pastures to the north.
Our management objectives for Piperhill focus on new woodland creation, sustainable timber production, enhancing biodiversity, and improving recreational access.
As we were unable to hold community engagement events in the local area due to the COVID-19 situation, an initial online community consultation was held from May to July 2020. The final draft plan was submitted to Scottish Forestry in October 2020. The associated documents and maps are below.
- Site surveys and development of draft plan │ January – April 2020
- Public consultation │ May to July 2020
- Development of final plan │ July to October 2020
- Submit to Scottish Forestry │ October 2020
Documents and maps
- Land Management Plan text (PDF 2.6MB): The main document containing detail of the proposals.
- Settings and context map (PDF 4.8MB): location and boundary of Piperhill.
- Concept map (PDF): the key features of the site and how these will effect management.
- Future habitat and species map (PDF 3.1MB): the long-term vision for trees species and design across Piperhill
- Management map (PDF): highlights management activities scheduled for the next 10 years, as covered by this Land Management Plan.
- Access map (PDF 4.9MB): access routes and features on site.
- Haulage road access map (PDF 550KB)
- Wildflowers map (PDF 4.7MB): Wildflower partnership project area.
- Planting map (PDF 3MB): Design of planting to be delivered under this plan.
- Soils map (PDF 5.4MB): Soil types on site.
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions, please contact: