Our legal obligations, strategy and objectives
Forestry and Land Scotland is a public body with responsibilities under the Equality Act 2010.
The Act requires public bodies to have due regard to the need to:
- eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010;
- advance equality of opportunity between people from different groups; and
- foster good relations between people from different groups.
Strategy and objectives
- Equality and Diversity Objectives 2016 to 2020 (PDF 5.9MB)
- Equality and Diversity Objectives Review of Progress 2017 (PDF 441KB)
Equality Impact Assessment and consultation
An Equality Impact Assessment (EqA) is a way of understanding the impact of changes that may affect our workforce or members of the public.
By completing EqAs we can ensure we:
- are able to deliver a first class service that meets the needs of our customers
- are aware of and understand the communities we serve
- encourage new customers from diverse backgrounds to use our services
- meet the aims of the General Duties of the Equality Act 2010
We know it’s important to talk to people who do, or might, use our services to deliver the best and most inclusive services that we can.