The forest cycling code
Follow these tips to stay safe when cycling.
Don't rely on others
- Can you get home safely?
- Carry the right equipment and know how to use it.
For your own safety:
- Always wear the right safety clothing - at least a helmet and gloves.
- Only cycle within your abilities.
- Only tackle jumps and other challenges if you are sure you can do them - have a look first.
- Train properly, especially for difficult and technical routes.
On and off road
- Expect the unexpected - watch out for other visitors.
- For your own and others' safety always follow warning signs and any advice you are given.
- If a vehicle is loading timber, stop and wait for the driver to let you pass safely.
Cycle carefully and please do come back soon.
For more on safe mountain biking see: Your safety